Under California law, the family code applies both to heterosexual couples and same-sex couples alike. All residents of the state of California who are undergoing a divorce will face the same treatment under the law as to issues regarding spousal support, child support, child custody and property division.
At Sunnen Law, we are proud to serve the San Diego LGBT Community! If you and your partner were legally married or validly entered into a same-sex civil union or domestic partnership in California and you live in California, you can get divorced in California.
Our attorney Christopher Sunnen has handled many California same-sex divorce cases. Let us help you protect your property, help with your support and fight for your custody rights.
At Sunnen Law, we handle all aspects of same-sex divorce cases, including:
- Establishing child support orders
- Modifications of pre- or post-judgment child support orders
- Enforcement of child support orders and arrearage amounts
- Litigation before DCSS
- Establishing child custody orders
- Enforcement of child custody orders
- Pre- or post-judgment modification of child custody orders
- Establishing spousal support orders
- Modifications of spousal support orders
- Property division and business valuations
Get Legal Advice About Divorce For Same-Sex Couples Today!
The law ensures equal treatment of all parties in a dissolution or in any case. The goal of our firm is to make sure that you are dealt with fairly, regardless of which side of the equation you are on in the divorce. Call us at 619-255-9551 or complete our online contact form to request an in-person consultation as soon as possible.