Recognized And Trusted Family Law Advocacy
Of all the legal problems a person can face, those related to marriage and family often feel particularly intractable. But at Sunnen Law, we believe that every problem has a solution, and we start by listening.
We take pride in our ability to connect with clients, allow them to feel heard and find resolutions to their family law issues. We have even been recognized for our legal advocacy in this area. Our attorney, Christopher J. Sunnen, was named the “Face of Divorce Law” by San Diego Magazine in 2021.
Whether you need comprehensive divorce and custody representation, advice on a single family law issue or something in between, our firm is here to help.
Skilled Guidance And Representation In Divorce Matters
Every family is unique, and each client deserves legal representation designed to suit their needs. Our firm has the skill and experience to help clients address a wide variety of divorce circumstances and related topics including:
- Helping service members and military spouses through the logistical challenges associated with divorce
- Representation for clients ending a same-sex marriage
- Considering legal separation as a precursor or alternative to divorce
- Understanding your spousal support (alimony) options or obligations
- Drafting, challenging or enforcing a prenuptial or postnuptial agreement
The list above is far from complete. Even if your specific concerns are not listed, we can likely still help you.
Family Law Issues Concerning Your Children
Naturally, any parent going through a divorce is most likely to be concerned with the well-being of their children. Our firm is ready to provide guidance and representation on all such matters, including:
- Creating a parenting plan (or custody and visitation agreement) that is in the best interests of your children
- Establishing an order for child support that is fair, sustainable and meets the needs of the kids
- Helping unwed fathers establish paternity to gain parental rights and recognition
- Representing either parent in a move-away or relocation dispute
We understand how stressful these issues are, and we will work tirelessly to advocate for your children and protect your relationship with them.
Addressing Family Violence Allegations And Related Court Orders
Allegations of spousal abuse, child abuse or other family violence are going to play a major role in divorce or custody proceedings. Depending on the circumstances of your case, we can:
- Seek a restraining order against your spouse or call the judges attention to an existing order
- Detail your spouse’s history of domestic violence, even in cases where police were never contacted
- Helping you contest false or exaggerated allegations of domestic violence or abuse leveled by your spouse
This is a delicate issue that few people want to discuss. However, if there has been a history of violence or false allegations, we need to face the issue head-on and ensure that your side of the story is heard.
Contact Us For A Free Consultation About Your Legal Needs
With an office in San Diego, Sunnen Law serves clients throughout Southern California. To discuss your legal options with an experienced attorney for free, call us at 619-255-9551 or send us an email.